College of Education and Professional Studies
Follow this link to access all graduate programs offered at South.
Results of a 2016 Graduate Student Survey
Top Things You Should Know
Secondary subjects focus includes observations AND student teaching.
Some courses are only available once per year, schedule accordingly.
Technical writing skills and knowing how to cite correctly is required.
Knowledge of exact hours required in the field and EXACT PRAXIS tests required for certification.
Info Students Wish They Knew When They Started
Entry exams and PRAXIS requirements.
Capstone courses for IDD majors.
Services and facilities available for all graduate students (insurance, health clinics, etc.)
Comprehensive exam preparation and requirements.
Work/Life time management.
Below are the leading professional journals and resources for Education:
- CSI Honor Society
- Journal of Counseling (many subfields)
- Journals: Qualitative Research, JPEER, journals on the organization sites
- NCTE - English
- NCTM - Math
- NCSS - Social Studies
- NSTA - Science
- "National Art Educational Assoc
- Alabama Art Education Assoc
- Art Education Journal
- Studies in Art Education
- Journal of Learning Disabilities
- Journal of Autism Developmental Disabilities
- Exceptional Children
- Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders
- Counsel for Exceptional Children
- American Association for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities