New Student Orientation
Registered Student Organizations are welcome to participate in the Browsing Session of New Student Orientation. Reserve a spot for your organization at June Orientation Sessions by July 5, 2017.
Browsing Session Information
The Browsing Session is a campus fair style event and is held at the same time lunch is served to New Student Orientation participants. Student Organizations are welcome to attend and recruit members.
Orientation Dates: June 6th, 8th, June 13th, June 15th, June 20th, June 22nd, July 11th, July 13th, July 18th, & July 20th
Location: Student Center, downstairs lobbies
Check In & Set Up: Check in at the Student Life Suite at 11:30 am on Orientation days. Organization set up and/or marking or reserving a table before the designated check in time will result in one absence per occurrence and applied to your maximum absences allowed.*
Organization displays should be set up and prepared to greet new students by 12:00 pm.
Clean Up & Break Down: Student Organization members are responsible for the clean up of the space used by members during Orientation sessions.
What to Bring: Examples of items to use at your organization's table include, but are not limited to trifold display boards, posters, flyers or pamphlets, and promotional items or giveaways.
What to Wear: An organization t-shirt and jeans or shorts would be perfect. Please keep attire school spirited and appropriate for meeting new students.
How to Reserve a Table for Organizations: Reserve a spot here. Organizations will receive a confirmation or rejection notification within five (5) business days of submitting the reservation form. Have the following information ready when completing the reservation form: dates your organization will participate and the name of the contact person for your organization.
- Reservations for June Orientation dates will be made available in May, and reservations for July dates will be made available during the last week of June.
- Student Organizations are allowed a total of only two (2) absences. After the second absence, an organization will lose its reservation and will not be welcome to participate in the remaining New Student Orientation sessions. *Organization table set up prior to 11:30 am will counted as one absence per occurrence.
- Space is limited, so please limit the number of organization representatives to three (3) students. Additionally, display items should not take up more space than the top of a six foot display table (a.k.a. skinny folding tables). Anything larger needs approval from Student Activities staff prior to set up.
- No items may be stored in the Student Center! You are responsible for the display and promotional items belonging to your organization, and the storage and maintenance of those items.
- Lunch is served to incoming students ONLY. Contact Dining Services to discover the on campus dining options available to you on Orientation dates.
- Chairs are reserved for incoming students only, and organization members should be prepared to stand. If an organization member will be in need of a chair during the orientation browsing sessions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.