What should you expect of your FYAC advisor?
- Your advisor will be accessible to you during reasonable hours.
- Your advisor will understand the curriculum, general education, graduation requirements, and university policies.
- Your advisor will provide accurate information.
- Your advisor will discuss specific university, college, and departmental requirements, procedures, and deadlines.
- Your advisor will help you define and develop realistic goals and discuss the connection between academic preparation and career opportunities.
- Your advisor will assist you in planning programs of study, both short-term and long-term, consistent with your abilities and interests; such as course load, academic background, program demands, and employment or personal commitments.
- Your advisor will connect you to other services, departments, and specific individuals as needs are identified.
- Your advisor will help you identify special needs and acquaint you with services and programs provided at South.
- Your advisor will respect your right to privacy of educational records and discuss confidential information only with appropriate individuals and for the purpose of serving your best interests.
- Your advisor will help you assume responsibility for your decisions and actions.