Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The University of South Alabama Student Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) prepares students for careers in human resource management through networking, camaraderie, respect and mutual support among chapter members and through its affiliation with SHRM and Mobile SHRM. This organization is open to all students interested in HR.
Consistent with the mission, the SHRM Club goals are to:
- to provide University of South Alabama students with the opportunity to gain knowledge and insight into the effective and strategic management of human capital in the field of Human Resource Management through affiliation with the Mobile Society for Human Resource Management (Mobile SHRM) and the SHRM organization.
- to promote the exchange of work-related experience of established business professionals with the theoretical academic perspectives of student and faculty members through open forums and informational exchanges.
- to encourage the acquisition, growth and continuation of our respective careers in human resource management through expanded knowledge, camaraderie, respect and mutual support among chapter members and through our affiliation with SHRM and the Mobile SHRM, our sponsoring chapter.
- to encourage student attendance at Mobile SHRM meetings and activities.
- to provide a pool of human resource management leaders for perpetuation of the Mobile Chapter and of SHRM.
- to function as an important vehicle for promoting the field of human resource management to students.
- to serve as a source of new members for SHRM.
- to act as part of the two-way channel of communications between SHRM and the individual members.
- to achieve these objectives, there shall be no discrimination in individual membership or chapter affiliations because of race, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran's status, or any other legally protected class.
If interested, please contact Dr. Treena Finney - (251) 461-1391 or email@example.com.