RN - MSN Pathway for RN’s with a Non-Nursing Bachelor Degree
This pathway is available to registered nurses who have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a discipline other than nursing.
Requirements For Admission
Students are admitted to this pathway as Provisional Admission; the admissions criteria are the same as for Provisional Admission to the MSN track for BSN prepared RN's.
- Current registered nurse licensure with no restrictions. Nurses with any restrictions on their license, including participation in a voluntary disciplinary alternative program, cannot be admitted.
- A minimal grade-point average of 2.75 on all undergraduate work (A=4.00).
- Submission of the NursingCAS Application by the posted deadline.
- Submission of a resume which documents clinical experience. (Note: Prior to enrolling in a nurse practitioner clinical course, students are required to have at least 2 years of experience in an area appropriate to the specialty track.)
- After acceptance into the program, admission is contingent upon a negative drug screen, results of an acceptable background check, submission of Health Data Forms, evidence of Health Insurance, and completion of Certified Profile Medical Records Manager. Instructions provided in acceptance letter.
Note: Prior to enrolling in a nurse practitioner clinical course, students are required to have at least 2 years experience in an area appropriate to the Specialty track.
The following nursing courses must be completed with a GPA of at least 2.75 prior to enrolling in graduate nursing specialty courses: NU 410, CMN 411, NU 404, NU 425 or NU 530. Students who have earned a GPA of less than 2.5 will be academically dismissed from the Graduate School. Students in the RN to MSN track follow the same progression as students in the regular MSN program.
Program Completion Requirements
Students in the RN - MSN pathway follow the same degree requirements and progression policies as students in the MSN track for BSN prepared RN's with the addition of the above listed courses.
Please feel free to contact Brea Mosley in the Graduate Nursing Advising Office for more information about the RN-MSN Pathway for RN's with a Non-Nursing Bachelor Degree: email@example.com or 251/445-9400.