Noretta Walls, PMHCNS-BC, RN
Assistant Professor Community/Mental Health Nursing
- Adult Mental Health Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Support groups for nursing students
- MSN, University of South Alabama, 1987
- BSN, University of South Alabama, 1981
- CNS Adult Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (1988 through AACN)
- Smith, K., Jacobs, M., Gilligan, A., & Walls, N., (2008). Qualitative analysis of the charge nurse role: Leadership in culture of retention. The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture & Change Management, 8 (6), 101 – 114.
- Smith, K., Farmer, J., Walls, N., & Gilligan, A., (2008). Clinical evaluation: an essential tool in emotional competency development. The International Journal of Learning 15, (7), 297 – 305.
Completed Research Support
- Williams, K., Walls, N., Pharez, C., Bihan, S., & Nadler-Moore, M. (2009). Use of Psychiatric Assessment Tools as a Platform to improve Understanding of Psychiatric disorders in a BSN Curriculum. University of South Alabama
- Walls, N., Williams, K., Bihan, S., Pharez, C., Nadler-Moore., & Fogger, S. (2009) Nursing Student Support Group. University of South Alabama Research Council.
- Ms. Walls teaches the Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Courses to the following student groups: Traditional BSN and Accelerated BSN.
- Ms. Walls Coordinates and teaches the Issues and Trends Courses to the following student groups: Traditional BSN and Accelerated BSN.
- Ms. Walls teaches the Freshman Seminar Courses to the following student groups: First semester Freshmen that have declared Nursing as their Major.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Nurse of Mobile, presented by the Mobile County Nurses’ Society, 1987
- Outstanding Psychiatric / Mental Health Nurse for the State of Alabama Presented by The Alabama State Nurses’ Association, 1991
- Excellence in Nursing Education Award, presented by Sigma Theta Tau, Zeta Gamma Chapter, 2008
- Top Professor Award presented by the Mortar Board National Honor Society and Student Government Association, 2008 – 2009
- Faculty Teaching Award presented by the College of Nursing, 2011
- Nursing Community Healthcare Award, presented by Sigma Theta Tau, Zeta Gamma Chapter, 2015