- DNP, Samford University, 2013
- MEd, Higher Educational Leadership, Northcentral University, 2012
- MSN, University of South Alabama, 2009
- BSN, University of South Alabama, 2008
- ADN, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, 2006
- FNP- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- CLS- Accreditation Council for Clinical Lipidology
Patient and Provider Adherence to Lipid Guidelines
Exogenous Testosterone Replacement and Dyslipidemia
- Hill, A. & Elkins, J.C. (In press). Coffee and your health: Should you have a little or a latte? LipidSpin.
- Elkins, J.C. (2016). EBM tools for practice: Evidence based approach to sitosterolemia. LipidSpin. 14(2) 13-14.
- Elkins, J.C. & Hall, H. (2016). Development and implementation of a clinical lipidology subspecialty program for healthcare professionals. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. 10(3) 702-704.
- Elkins, J.C. (2013). Lowering LDL using non statin regimens. LipidSpin. 11(4), 16-17.
- Elkins, J.C. (August, 2016). Mitigating a healthcare disparity: A multidisciplinary approach to women and ASCVD. Podium Presentation. Alabama Department of Public Health, Office of Women’s Health, Eighth Annual Women’s Health Update. Birmingham, AL. (Approved for CME/CE)
- Elkins, J.C. (March, 2016). Lipids and ASCVD. 2nd Annual Stroke Systems of Care Symposium. Mobile, AL. (Approved for CME/CE)
- Elkins, J.C. (July, 2015). Practical approaches to statin intolerance. Podium Presentation. University of South Alabama- Sigma Theta Tau- Zeta Gamma, Pharmacology Day. Mobile, AL. (Approved for CME/CE)
- Elkins, J.C. (September, 2013). Therapeutic interventions for statin intolerant patients. Podium Presentation. Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama- 7th Annual Conference: Prescribing for the Future. Birmingham, AL. (Approved for CME/CE)
- Elkins, J.C. (September, 2013). The problem patient: Treating statin intolerance. Podium Presentation. Bay Area Nurse Practitioners Association. Mobile, AL. (Approved for CME/CE)
- Elkins, J.C. (May, 2013). Improving clinician adherence to dyslipidemia clinical practice guidelines. Podium Presentation. Samford University- Sigma Theta Tau- Eta Gamma, Evidence Based Approaches to Nursing Administration, Practice, and Education Issues. Birmingham, AL. (Approved for CME/CE)
- FNP courses
- DNP core courses
- DNP capstone courses
- Clinical Lipidology
National Lipid Association
American Association of Nurse Practitioners
International Atherosclerosis Society
Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
American College of Cardiology
Sigma Theta Tau International
Phi Kappa Phi